ADA, Okla., June 21, 2016 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ — LegalShield is making it easier than ever for customers to resolve traffic tickets with Snap by LegalShield, a new feature in the updated LegalShield app that will be available on July 1. Snap allows members to take a picture of a traffic ticket and, through the app, send it directly to their dedicated LegalShield law firm. Compared to similar apps, Snap is more cost effective, offers access to more legal services and is more widely available.
This app is important because it makes it simple for consumers to take immediate action and get help from a trusted resource. In addition to the cost of the ticket, traffic violations can add points to a driver’s motor vehicle record that may lead to higher insurance premiums for the next several years. For example, only 5 percent of people contest their speeding tickets in court, meaning more people choose to pay the ticket, court and insurance costs over paying high attorney’s fees to fight the ticket.
With Snap, users don’t have to choose between costs associated with the ticket and costs associated with representation by an attorney. Snap is included in a monthly LegalShield membership, which starts at $17.95 per month. Other apps have starting attorney costs of more than $100. Hiring an attorney directly can cost $250 or more per hour. Snap, as with all LegalShield services, is available in 49 states (with coverage in Alaska coming soon). Competitor services are available in fewer than 20 states or in “select cities and states.”
In addition, all tickets are serviced by LegalShield’s dedicated, one-of-a-kind network of law firms and experienced attorneys. LegalShield offers the convenience of DIY technology with the assurance of a high-quality, full-service law firm. In fact, to ensure member satisfaction and quality, members are surveyed after every interaction with a lawyer and rate their experience using a Net Promoter Score (NPS). The average NPS for LegalShield is 56, putting the company on par with companies like Apple and Nike.
“Every year, more than 41 million people receive speeding tickets across the country, and now the LegalShield app can serve all Americans, especially during the Fourth of July holiday—iconic for fireworks, bar-b-ques and moving violations,” says Jeff Bell, CEO of LegalShield. “Police activity increases nearly 50 percent around the peak holiday travel times, which undoubtedly results in more tickets. We want everyone to obey the law and be safe, but this app is ready when a ticket is issued.”
But Snap is for more than speeding tickets. For no additional fee, Snap includes:
- consultation and representation for moving violations—like speeding tickets and failure to yield tickets—that do not result in a misdemeanor or felony;
- consultation and representation for motor vehicle collisions, including defense by an attorney on any criminal charge for manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, negligent homicide or vehicular homicide, arising from permitted use of a licensed motor vehicle;
- up to 2.5 hours of attorney assistance to collect property damage claims of $5,000 or less when a member experiences property damage as a result of driving, being a passenger in or being struck by any motor vehicle;
- up to 2.5 hours of attorney time when a driver’s license is denied, cancelled, suspended or revoked and the right to appeal is provided;
- up to 2.5 hours of attorney time when legal assistance is needed to reinstate or maintain a driver’s license because of job-related matters or medical reasons;
- consultation and representation with an attorney who has a minimum of two years of experience practicing law and is in good standing with the state bar association; and
- response from an attorney within eight business hours.
For other violations or moving violations that do result in a misdemeanor or felony, LegalShield members are afforded a preferred member discount to their attorney’s fees, which can greatly reduce the financial burden of legal proceedings[i].
Snap is just one feature of a broader array of benefits for LegalShield members. For as low as $17.95 per month, LegalShield members get access to a dedicated attorney with an average of 19 years of experience in areas such as family matters, estate planning, financial and business issues, consumer protection, tax, real estate, benefits disputes and auto/driving issues. LegalShield also includes 24/7 emergency access to a dedicated provider, meaning members are always protected.
“It took decades to build our network of attorneys—one firm at a time, one state at a time. The relationships we have with our providers and the commitment they have to helping our members is unparalleled,” said Bell. “And together, we are furthering our commitment to broadening access to legal advice by not only providing the best legal services, but the best technology to access legal help.”
To purchase a LegalShield membership, visit www.LegalShield.com or call 800-654-7757 to find an associate near you. Note there is a 15-day waiting period between the start of a LegalShield membership and eligibility for coverage on some traffic violations.
Be the first to comment on "New App Connects Directly to an Attorney to Resolve Traffic Tickets with Snap by LegalShield"