SALT LAKE CITY, June 7, 2017 /PRNewswire/ — USANA True Health Foundation (THF) celebrated its first-ever World Service Week during the week of May 20 – 27. Throughout the week, USANA Associates, employees and their families, as well as the general public made an impact globally as they volunteered thousands of hours of service.
During World Service Week, THF traveled with nearly 20 USANA Associates to Uganda, where they spent six days serving those living in villages and inner-cities near the Kampala region. While in Uganda, participants painted a local school, volunteered at the Wentz Medical Center as well as donated food and other service and aid to those in need.
“We are thrilled at the response we received from our entire USANA family throughout the globe during our very first World Service Week,” said Brian Paul, THF’s executive director of communications. “The impact we were able to make in just seven short days of service is truly remarkable. We look forward to continuing this initiative in the future and continue to serve our local communities and those in need all year.”
USANA employees throughout the globe were enthusiastic to serve their local communities during World Service Week:
- United States: Served dinner to those in need at St. Vincent de Paul Homeless Resource Center; donated more than 100 blankets to local hospitals; cleaned up the grounds at the Children’s Justice Center; cleaned living spaces and cared for animals at Utah Animal Adoption Center; made toy cars for children in need at Tiny Tim’s Foundation for kids; prepared and served lunch for families residing at the Ronald McDonald Family Room at Primary Children’s Hospital; food packs with the Children’s Hunger Fund in Dallas, Los Angeles and Chicago
- China: Collected and donated clothing, books, computers and USANA products to the School of Migrant Laborers’ Children
- Canada: packed more than 5,300 pounds of food for local food banks
- Australia: Participated in a shore cleanup at Meadowbank Wharf; donated over 900 meals to tonFoodbank
- Hong Kong: Served the elderly at St. James Settlement; donated blood to the Red Cross
- Mexico: Provided food and hygiene products to San Judas Tadeo nursing home
- Philippines: Collected food packs and coloring books for donation in the Laguna Province; cleaned and renovated Oplan Brigada Eskwela school; fed and served the poor at Duterte’s Kitchen Feeding
- Singapore: Collected food, clothing and toys to donate to local charity centers
- Taiwan: Cleaned and donated food items and USANA products to Bethany Children’s Home
To learn more about the USANA True Health Foundation or to make a donation, please visit: www.usanafoundation.org.
Be the first to comment on "USANA Makes Global Impact During Inaugural World Service Week"