Youngevity Says Revenue Rose 17% in Record 2015

YoungevityYoungeveity MLM News

Youngevity International Inc. (YGYI—OTCQX) on Wednesday said revenue was up 17 percent in 2015 to a record $156.6 million.

The company’s direct-to-consumer business, comprising a wide range of nutrition and lifestyle products, accounted for 89 percent of sales, while its commercial coffee business made up the remaining 11 percent. Gross profit for the year was $92.9 million, up 22 percent from a year ago.

The Chula Vista, California-based company lost $1.7 million, compared to a net profit of $5.4 million in the prior year, as a result of changes in the valuation of net deferred taxes in 2014 and about $7.5 million in non-cash expenses last year, including an extinguishment loss on debt and higher interest expenses. Operating income rose 61 percent to $5.4 million. Adjusted EBITDA reflected a 40 percent increase at $9.2 million.

“Once again we have generated record year-over-year revenue, gross profit, operating income, and adjusted EBITDA. We continue to encourage our shareholders to consider adjusted EBITDA, which mitigates the effects of non-cash expenses on our financial performance,” Dave Briskie, President and CFO, said of the results.

Management also noted that acquisitions made in 2014 and 2015 contributed $10.3 million in revenue to the direct selling segment, which grew by 20 percent in 2015. Thus, acquisitions drove 47 percent of revenue growth, versus organic growth of 53 percent.

Be the first to comment on "Youngevity Says Revenue Rose 17% in Record 2015"

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published.